Friday, November 13, 2015

My Life

August 27, 1966

Dear Readers,

My name is Helen Keller. I was born on June 27th, 1880 to Kate Adams Keller and Colonel Arthur Keller. My family consisted of my two siblings, my mom, my dad and I. My father descended from a Colonial Governor of Virginia, and my family is related to a lot of prominent families from England on my mother's side. My father was a captain in the Confederate Army. After the Civil War my family's wealth was less substantial than before and we began to live more modestly in order to make up for the loss. My little sister is Mildred Keller. My family and I had a good relationship, but when I got sick at 19 months (which I will talk about in a later post), my family couldn't be the only ones to help me anymore. Anne Sullivan became my biggest help.

Sincerely,
Helen

This is my family and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment